Thread: Classic Touch Screen Page Turner
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
#77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosHandsOfFate View Post
Yes, there are people who were successful right off the bat. There are also people who did not have immediate success.
Yup. Despite what anyone claims, when it comes to touch screens, it's never a simple matter of "you're just doing it wrong". I'm not knocking B&N - they tested this like crazy and put out a good product.

I have problems with capacitive touch screens in general, so I knew this would be a bit more of an issue for me, which is why I wrote my "findings". It has a lot to do with the moisture levels of the skin on my hands - I have very dry skin, to the point of needing to moisturize my hands even during very humid weather. Yes, this also means that my results are therefore less consistent, so I must be that much more consistent in how I swipe / flick. It also means that other little factors, like cases, screen guards, etc., that only normally have a small effect the on the sensor array field then become a daily use factor. For those that have a similar problem, this might help them. If it helps only one other person, GREAT! :-)

Specific implementations of capacitive sensor arrays work better for me than others, but I've not found any information as to which capacitive technology the nook uses (projected / mutual / self, etc.). Yes, I know; it's truly a moot point. I've already figured it out and, even if I hadn't, it wouldn't change how much I heart my nook!
#77 is offline   Reply With Quote