View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #73
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
If you do any traveling with your Kindle, the 3G cannot be underrated. I traveled to 6 cities around Europe this summer (mostly by train), and it was wonderful to be able to check my e-mail, facebook, and twitter during the trips, not to mention downloading a new book when necessary. My wife and I also had an iPad but there was rarely free wifi at our hotels or other places, and it was usually at very slow speeds.

Plus there is nothing to think about with the 3G all you have to do is turn it on. With the wifi you are going to have to connect to a network. Automation is fantastic.
I'm planning to get a Droid X to replace my crappy dumbphone. This will allow me to share the 3G connection with up to 5 wifi devices, which will include my laptop and a wifi Kindle. Of course I'll be paying for that 3G connection, but I need it for other reasons and the Kindle will piggyback for free. I hope the Kindle will default to using this wifi connection when ever it is available so it should be pretty seamless, just by turning it on.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote