View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taesoo Kwon View Post
Yes, I guess so. PDFRead supports command line mode, and paperCrop uses LUA script for generating output. So one who are familiar with LUA script can modify the .LUA files in the scripts folder such that the output images from PaperCrop are automatically converted to e-book files using PDFRead. But at the moment, I don't want to do the work by myself due to my lazyness.
I can provide the codes of paperCrop to anyone who are interested.
PDFRead v1.8.2 already supports converting two-column layouts using the layout modes:
Code:
'landscape-2col' (with four quadrants/pages); 
'portrait-2col' (with four quadrants/pages);
However, PDFRead is not too "smart" in how it determines where the columns start/end; it just picks the midpoint of the page and splits it there! Of course, this will be wrong if the column widths (and side margins) are not equal.

I had looked into programming using LUA when I was porting/tweaking some PSP homebrew programs, so it would be easy to re-use your programming logic.

However, PDFRead is due for a major overhaul, so I will hold off doing this just now. I'll wait to see what ashkulz (original authour of PDFRead) does with any update to PDFRead and then go from there.

Nice effort though!

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-10-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added link to latest version of PDFRead
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote