View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #22
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot magically generate a "clean" document from garbage. In that case when you assert that you are generating a "clean" document, what you really mean is that you are arbitrarily throwing out almost all the formatting of the original. If you want to that in calibre, convert your word document to txt instead of html.
No, you can't indeed. You are correct that I am throwing out formatting of the original, but not all. I throw out things like margins and font-sizes, not styling like centering, italic and bold and more. That was done on purpose, because those are in my opinion more important than margins for most books. The other formatting can then be set in the stylesheets.
The txt format looses of course everything.

Fortunately there are more ways to skin a cat and each can choose the one best suited for his/her own uses.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote