Thread: Glo Information
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergith View Post
I think it does work, because I've seen other people post that they do a factory reset to resize the partition to 32gigs, instead of doing it manually. So they skip that step and let the factory restore handle it. But resizing the partition manually allows for retaining your data/stats.

Either way, you'll have the 2gig card to pop back in.
That is the thing. I have seen no mention of doing a factory reset after upgrading the card size. The factory reset restores a firmware image from the recovery partition of the card to the main partition. Then it does something to clear the data partition. I think it simply formats the data partition, but it might delete and recreate the partition. If it does the latter, it means that any time a factory reset was done, you would need to open the device and resize the data partition.

Popping the 2GB card in doesn't solve this at all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote