View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Note: Not all readers have a back button. So if you are wanting to cover everyone, link to the footnote AND back.

If you are a footnote lover, you will no doubt go on for a page or so on some point, so in the paragraph will be disruptive. I put mine immediately after the paragraph, in smaller type so they are not separated easily. But again big footnotes can create a problem.

Another thing to consider is if you footnote everywhere, how is the reader to know just which ones are important and which ones are merely of interests to fanatics on the particular subject? Just a question, I don't have an answer.

One advantage of chapter endnotes is the numbers can stay of reasonable size. Footnote 222 (or 666!) is bulky.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote