View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #72
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
But, and unless I'm getting this wrong, isn't this the first time Kotaku have been formerly invited to one of these events? In any case, whatever anyone thinks of Apple, they sure know how to get some buzz going before an event
My take on that is that when the iPhone was launched games were an extra and certainly not the primary use for the device, but have turned out to not only sell devices but sell lots of games. and like mentioned earlier games are now big money.

I think having recognised this Apple will put much more emphasis on this device as a games machine(much like they did once they realised the potential with the 2nd gen of iphones and touches).

People talk about the iphone not being revolutionary but at the moment its the only device that can be a Phone, Internet browser, MP3 player and games machine(with actual mobile games as only seen on say a PSP or DS) ither phones do some of those and some of them better! but no one else does all of them. games are the big difference for many.

I expect that to be a big difference for the iSlate too.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote