View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
An old thread, but I was thinking about making a new thread ... and then I found this one.

I'm the cook in the family. It was that way when my wife and I were dating, and it continued as a stay-at-home Dad, and it's still that way. Not that my wife is helpless in the kitchen -- but pretty darn close to it. Once, when my daughter was three years old she heard me telling someone that I cooked dinners in our house. She got very indignant and pointed out that Mom had made dinner that past Saturday, while I was out. She made spaghetti.

Anyway, for tonight's dinner I made a "faux" stir fry. I start with sliced beef and onions in a heavy-bottomed, tall pot. When the beef and onions are sauteed I add vegetables -- the list varies, but tonight it was sliced yellow and green peppers, green onions, sliced radishes, shredded carrots, and (a lot of) bean sprouts. I covered the pot and let them steam themselves, stirring occasionally, then added quartered plum tomatoes and some Korean-style stir fry sauce.

We have some left-overs, but they'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon.

Tonight's movie is "to be determined." I'll have to see what's available on Netflix.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote