View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I've had this problem with some ePubs as well; some ebooks crash on load.
I've been lucky and never had a epub crash on opening. When I have a epub reboot at a particular spot I use Sigil to locate and remove the offending code.

Quote:
I've also had problems with ePubs where page turns take 3-5 seconds each; this is fixed by closing out of that ebook
The only time I've had this happen since I started using Sigil the book was causing delay problems inside the first 50 pages. When I looked at the book inside Sigil it used <div> tags instead of <p> tags and there were many nested <div> tags. I used the find and replace feature and changed the main <div> paragraphs to <p> paragraphs and deleted the useless <div> tags. This took a couple of minutes and I didn't have any problems with that book after making the change.

Quote:
I suspect it's caused by HTML files that are split at near the maximum 300kb instead of being split by chapters
With the ADE epub engine used in the 505 the split size is all or nothing, either the epub works or it doesn't. The engine doesn't care if it is split on chapters as long as the book is in small enough chunks to handle, hence the 300k size limit.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote