Thread: Touch Weird problem
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I beg to disagree, electromagnetic waves are no myth, they are a scientific reality. If you don't believe me, put your reader in the microwave oven for a couple minutes, then enjoy reading on it ...
No one said they were. The myth is that having the device near (not IN) a microwave, or near speakers can cause the problems mentioned by the OP.

I think it started when early computers sometimes crashed when refrigerators or microwaves turned on and off as they do, but this was caused by a power surge/noise spike via the power lines. Handheld/battery devices are much harder to upset as they aren't connected to the power, and besides, cheap filters are available to solve that early problem, and computers are better designed to cope with noise on the power.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote