View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio blum View Post
@jackie_w
(Word 2003 would not open XTML pages because it found "&nbsp" and wouldnt even after removal of "&nbsp". A friend told me Word 2007 will.)
My HTML file was mostly created from a Word XP (ver 10, very old) .doc file saved as Webpage-filtered. I have had no problems with non-breaking spaces (   )

It's designed to be viewed using a browser or edited via a text editor. However, you should be able to use Word as the text editor if you rename the .htm to .txt - I just tried it and it worked for me.

If you want to read the .htm back into Word as an HTML file try renaming the test.css file beforehand. You will get a 'css file missing' error message but it should open OK, minus the styles. I think there's something in the CSS Word doesn't like. This doesn't altogether surprise me as I was able to control the styling much better with manually created CSS than with the Word auto-generated stuff. If I have time tomorrow I'll try and track down which CSS it's complaining about (maybe the DropCaps?).

If I have to do this myself, I delete the CSS file and do a File-Insert of the .htm file into a blank Word doc based on a special Word .dot template which has all the matching style names. Although it's easier to reopen the original .doc rather than the .htm

Anyway, I'm glad you're making progress.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote