View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #100
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
But you will never know how much the negative news may be further eroding a price until you refute that news.
What you can see is that the price didn't go down faster than it was already going.

Quote:
11 to 14 million
The original quote was:
Quote:
According to the New York Times, which spoke with NPD DisplaySearch analyst Paul Semenza, Apple had expected to order 19 million displays for its iPhone 5 in January, but cut it to between 11 million and 14 million.
Which doesn't say that Apple actually ordered 19 million displays, then changed its mind. And the value between 11 to 14 million is an estimate, the analyst didn't say that he knows how many displays are being made. What is Apple supposed to dispute?

Quote:
But he's referring to the competition (a not too subtle dig there), NOT to any current or future Apple product. Which is my point.

Apple denied the rumors that were out in the media about the "Mini." Not my own personal conception of what a "Mini" would or should be.

For some reason, analysts and writers were going hog wild describing a hypothetical Mini -- and they were using words like "budget" and "cheap" and imagining all sorts of cuts in quality and features. The Apple exec squashed that vision of the "Mini."

Personally, I think it's silly to use the term Mini to describe a phone in the context of the current iPhone line. If it means a screen smaller than 3.5" I think it will fail. If it means going back to a 3.5" but with simply pared down specs, then "Mini" is the wrong word to use since 3.5" is what most current iPhones have. Yes, there is an S III Mini, but that "mini" is in relation to one specific distinct model. And even then, I wonder if Samsung couldn't have come up with a better name.
You aren't making sense to me.
The media talked about a budget iphone which they called "Mini". Apple said that it's not going to make a cheap smartphone in response to the rumors about the Mini. You quoted people talking about this hypothetical phone, but at some point you decided to talk about a different hypothetical phone, which you insist on calling by the same name. You could have at least mentioned it when you started to talk about a different phone, or refer to it by a different name.