View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #9
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
I have been waiting for an A4-sized ebook reader with electrophoretic screen (e.g. E-ink, Sipix) for years... I certainly would really like to finally be able to get one! By the way: such a large device would be a nice substitute for paper newspapers, too.

In my view, LCD tablets (besides being much less pleasant on the eye) have a battery life that is way too short for a relaxing reading experience. Like with paper books, I like the fact that I can put my ebook reader down on the couch, do something else for a while, and then go back to reading without a significant impact on battery life.
LCD devices are good for interactive applications (web browsing, games, ...) but -like laptops- they remind me of the time when I had a dial-up internet connection: I was never completely enjoying web surfing because I knew that every minute that I stayed online increased the bill.
(By the way: automatic standby does not solve the psychological issue. You *know* that in a few hours of use you will have to recharge the device, so you cannot afford to "waste" your time using it. As I said, for me this detracts from the sense of relax.)
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote