View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I agree that LIT conversion is easy but I still find it to be a pain. I find using Mobipocket I don't have to go through the hassle of being the book conversion geek for my family. (They can read books easily enough on their reader but conversion is out of their league).
But the good news is that you end up with DRM free books. And all you need do really is create a few simple scripts and they have a nice converted book.

Quote:
My mistake about moving files so easily to the 505. I didn't know that. I assumed it was the same as the 500. I was reading from the SD card on the 505.
It's no different then moving books to/from the gen3 as long as you don't use Collections. Collections still requires Ebook Library. And Don't go deleting books that are in a Collection unless you use Ebook Library or you could end up needing to reset the 505.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the Sony 505 is a beautiful piece of hardware. If it had Mobipocket support and dictionary look up I would never have considered the Cybook. I am selling the 505 to a friend but I'm having second thoughts...
Personally, I've not had a need where I am reading a book and thought "Oh, I need to look up that word". I prefer to go the non-DRM way and convert my purchased ebooks so I have them in a way that I can still read them even if I someday no longer can read LRF. What I am happy about if lit2lrf is a few min of work and I'm converted. Also, I can take a mobi books, convert to html and then convert to LRF from there using Book Designer. I need to give html2lrf a go next time I convert a mobi book. I have a few library downloads I need to give a conversion go to before they expire.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote