View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Unless you're into library books, get a Kindle 3 WiFi. It's a 3rd generation ereader, while the Nook is still a 2nd gen device. This newer technology brings a sharper display, faster page turns, increased battery life (2-3x longer), increased storage (4GB vs 2GB), black body, and a cheaper price tag ($139 vs $149).

Since I'm into library books, I'm waiting for Nook 2.
Just a couple of flip points...

1. Yep, Kindle Battery lasts much longer. But the battery is not user replaceable. So, in theory, you could keep a spare for your Nook... and more importantly, when the battery wears out, you can easily replace it in the Nook.

2. On device storage on the Kindle is larger... but the Kindle can't take SD cards... so I would say this is mostly a wash, especially when one considers that each reader can holds thousands of books.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote