View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Jeff, I'm into the "....Advanced" book now. I'm just kind of pushing through to get a better understanding/feel and working a few of the examples (using Netbeans). I think the books are great. They certainly don't get down to the level of the Dalvik machine but that's not the intent either. They do give a great feel for the OS overall and discuss it's features and idiosyncrasies. I bought the subscription directly from Mark on his website $40 for a year for all his books -- which is cheaper than one of the books in paper.

http://commonsware.com/

Instant gratification too.
Wow too cool for words. Thanks Kenny! One last question about the ebook version; were they easy to work with on the Nook? By that I mean I have a number of software engineering books, C++, Python, UNIX, etc on PDF and they are really hard on the eyes...they are the only kind of book that made me wish for a dead-tree version...
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote