View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #2484
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I got an email a few hours ago telling about a "fire sale" that a company called Erskines Gallery & Gifts, dba "wholesomechildhood.com," is having right now. They're also calling it a "$5 sale" because--you guessed it--nearly everything is $5. It goes through Thursday, June 26.

Everything is download only. I only had time to look quickly over the selection, but I was impressed by the items that they have--it's not stuff that you see all of the time. They have stuff on sale in these categories: homeschool, audio collections, and family resources, in reading material and audio formats. There is also a "Freebie Collection;" you can find it in the middle of the webpage whose address I am about to give you.

As you can probably tell, everything is oriented toward families with children or schoolteachers; however I saw several audiobooks that I think that I would like to buy for myself. Much of the material may be from a religious (Christianity) perspective, but it seems to be low key.

I've never done business with this company before, but the email that I got telling me about it was from a company (Knowledge Quest (http://www.knowledgequest.com) that I believe is on "the up and up."

Supposedly only the subscribers to Knowledge Quest's newsletters have been informed about the sale, but the Web page with the information on the sale can be accessed by anyone who points their browser to http://www.wholesomechildhood.com/Su.../HeldOver.html.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-25-2014 at 02:54 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote