View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
S411il
S411il began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Help with extracting pdf file

Hi, new to the forum so excuses if I've posted in the wrong place.

I need help extracting a pdf file from an ipad to my computer. Basically, a few months ago I enrolled onto a distance learning course at Oxford college. What I didn't know was that the course materials can be only viewed online and am having trouble sitting at my computer for hours to study. Anyway, they offer a download link to the pdf files which is a link sent through email and is drm protected for which I have to pay a fee of £25. However it only works on ipad or kindle hd. I have a kindle paperwhite. I tried asking them to send it to me through email instead so I can convert it but they are not very helpful. I haven't yet paid for the download link and have been told it can only be downloaded once and "attaches" itself to one device. I've been thinking if I purchase and download it on my brothers ipad is there anyway to rip it from the device and convert it on my computer to transfer into my kindle paperwhite?

Also is there another way which I can rip it from my online account? It's the same and runs as some kind of flash pdf file which is unprintable.

If I purchase paper versions of the material it will cost me £65 which I ind quote extortionate as I had to pay over £400 fees just to enrol on my course! Anyway I don't mind paying the £25 fees if anyone can explain if it's possible for me to get the files onto my kindle. Many thanks.