View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
"IT WAS GROSS AND LOW CLASS" (Anonymous)

I'm thinking of using it as a front cover blurb: "GROSS AND LOW CLASS — Barnes & Noble review"

Any problems with that on Amazon, etc? Would it matter if I used it on a different book? My next one is a lot more gross and low class than the one that generated that review.
Isn't it good to discover the book came across as you intended.

As for using it against a different book - the big publishers do it all the time. From the same great quote splashed across multiple books, to "Praise for the author" headings inside that list accolades spanning previous novels.

If, as has been suggested, you get rid of the Barnes and Noble bit, and replace it "Anonymous", then that should avoid any issues with Amazon, and it reduces the suggestion that the comment is specifically a review of the particular book - they might be talking about the author .
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote