View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #1
Edwin49
Edwin49 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with Moon+ Reader
Sigil does not start

Hi,

I know there are similar entries, but all of them have a relation to some modification or to some Software on the same system.
I have installed 0.7.4 twice now, checked that nothing left behind after deinstallation and rebooted after installation. I also installed the portable versions of 0.7.4 and 0.7.2 on two different USB-sticks.
I also tried the 0.7.4 on my wifes notebook.

The result is allways the same: wether I click the Application in the Portable menu, click the executable on the stick, click the menu entry on the start menu or the executable in the windows folder, I get a busy-cursor for a second or two and that's it. No entry in the event logs, no logfile, no information. I even tried to run sigil from the command window but it just returns to the prompt without any output.

What I noticed is, that contrary to other postings, I have no C:\Users\Edwin\AppData\Local\sigil folder at all! Should this folder get created at installation time or on the first run?

But then, the portable versions should not rely on this entry.

Both notebooks are HP Probooks, one with a Intel core i5-2410M the other with a i5-3340M CPU, both running Win7 Professional. The only applications installed on both systems are LibreOffice 4.1 and Skype. My wifes Notebook anly has iTunes installed in addition to these two, so there is hardly anything there which could interact with sigil.

I'm really stuck.
Any hints are welcome.

Edwin
Edwin49 is offline   Reply With Quote