View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #308
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
If you are not both a programmer and a typographer of some half-decent level of expertise, you are as likely to be correct in your assumptions about these issues as an English major is about the finer details of orbital interactions.
And I believe you are both of it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
What is it that makes people assume their opinions are necessarily insightful and authoritative on what are essentially computer science and typography expert-issues, just because they like reading books and can throw together HTML documents?
Show me a page and I tell you if I like it or not... (and I can't even make HTML pages)

BTW: For me it's just a decent looking font (with good kerning/line spacing) and justification (no need for hyphenation at all).
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote