View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #23464
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
When we told our parents, they said they would be happy to take us in for a couple of years. They live nowhere near our future house, but the 'rent' they ask is just ridiculous! .........
So we really don't know what to do. Any thoughts? Advice is more than welcome!
Danger. Danger. Danger...... Tread carefully here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Guess it depends on how well you get on with them.
Even more than that. It depends upon how well you get on with your boyfriend AND your parents, all in the same confines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Eventually the chores, the breach of privacy, the long hours to work and your building site would catch up with you.
And THIS to me is the most important... This will be an extremely high stress period in your life. Will the 'no privacy' create more stress? Or will living with your parents reduce it? It will be somewhat like 'traveling' for your boyfriend, and we all know that travel can put amazing stresses upon a relationship. Has he given thought to how he will feel living with YOUR parents? It's different for him than living with his. The ability to save a great deal of money may/may not be worth the effects these living conditions have on your relationships (note the plural.)

I'm going to sit back, drink a mug of Keemun tea, and think about how "I" would feel in this same situation... having been there myself once or twice!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote