View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I am computer literate and pretty handy with electronics, but nothing anywhere near the skill and knowledge you guys have. Also, I was reading ebooks since 2002. Until I joined MR and got smarter about ebook tech, I had never heard of DRM. It is just not out there in the general water cooler conversations.

Like many, I sing a little song in my head when people discuss things with lots of abbrev and jargon. Now, if in 2002 someone said to me, "Hey You. Did you know that ebooks contain hidden codes so that you can't copy them?" I would have said "No. Tell me more."

As it is now, however, DRM is not even a known phrase to the masses.
Yea, but at least "no copy" is intended to prevent people from circumventing copyright laws. (Never mind whether it works) How about I am going to use DRM to make sure you can only buy your eBooks from the company that sold you the reader. This has nothing to do with copyright and I believe, according to the Sherman act, it is illegal. Hopefully the FTC can address this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote