View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
A similar question arises in regard to older books vs. new books I think. I mean if a book is out of copyright in one part of the world but not another and an ebook copy is available vs. a new book that isn't yet released as a legal ebook. Like some of the books here at MR for example. Some are on US servers because they aren't out of copyright in Canada but they are older books so you have to wonder if it would pay a publisher to go after someone who downloaded a copy of a given book that is out of copyright in Canada or the US but not where they are located. But I could see a publisher going after someone who downloaded a copy of the newest book by a living author with good cause. I mean the new book is still making a lot of profit and is a new release. Of course I don't know for sure that publisher x wouldn't go after someone about a book thats 50-60 yrs old but I'd think it would be worth more of their time if the book was a new one. I agree though that a lawyer would know more than just common sense about it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote