View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #12
TheFluffyOne
TheFluffyOne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G
Just to resurrect this thread, I thought I'd give a quick update on what has happened over the last week or so.

I contacted Kindle Support, and got the <sarcasm>very helpful</sarcasm> suggestion that I try rebooting the device.

There were numerous freezes and reboots over the following few days, but I decided I'd leave it until this weekend before taking it any further. At this point the issues I had seen were:
  • Random freezes or reboots
  • 3G wasn't working (no signal)
  • Battery life (according to the indicator) seemed worryingly short
Whilst digging through the forum this morning I spotted mention of the new 3.0.1 firmware release, and being a habitual firmware-updater I stuck it on the device straight away. Having given it a bit of a hammering today on reading, web browsing, and dictionary usage, things certainly seem to have improved. It's perhaps a bit early to be sure, but I haven't had a freeze or reboot so far today.

The 3G issue has also gone away, but that could easily just have been a transient issue that was sorted due to the reboot during firmware install. I'm normally on WiFi anyway, and it's a pain having to 'forget' the WiFi details to test it when I'm at home.

So, just battery life to figure out. I suspect it's just the usual lower battery life during the first few charges, but we'll see how things go over the next few weeks...
TheFluffyOne is offline   Reply With Quote