View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
Hm, I tried dolphin on my Droid phone and didn't like it much. What are you finding good about it?
Maybe it has to do with the screen size of the eDGe being larger, but what I like so far:

1. Tabbed browsing. (I can see why maybe a phone would be too small to take advantage of this.) This is a huge deal for me.
2. Great scrolling. Scrolls well, plus has a convenient zoom option (make sure it's checked as a preference) and a funky magnified rectangle zoom.
3. Gestures are convenient, once I found out how they worked. I did spend the first little while thinking, "How is there no back button on this browser?" But, you do have to press in a corner, then perform your gesture, and I've found that the larger the gesture the better. So again, maybe on a smaller screen like a phone, it's more difficult to gesture recognizably.
4. Integration with google. The "Home" page is a big list of choices (with subchoices) including one for Google Services (mail, reader, picasa, search etc.). I find that really convenient since those are a lot of pages I visit, since of course typing on a virtual keyboard is less than convenient. But, if I were on a larger screen and had to scroll (I can see most of the choices without any scroll on the eDGe), I might find that more annoying.

It just really feels like a full browser.

What didn't you like about it? Could the smaller screen size be part of it? Which Android browser do you use/like?
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote