View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #32
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Oh, please. It's trivial to fake a normal URL if someone wants to dupe you:

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/12/18/amazon-kindle-sets-record-e-reader-race-is-over/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak
If you read that without any knowledge of the background, it comes across as 'the two newcomers clearly didn't have enough know-how to have enough stock...'
Keeping in mind that again, I don't particularly agree with the article:

I don't think that's what the article is suggesting at all. They're saying that B&N and Sony are missing a critical sales window, while Amazon has enough stock to exploit the hype / interest during the time of year where a lot of product is sold. (Plus Sony isn't a "newcomer," it preceded Amazon in this market.) I.e. he's focusing on the "missed opportunity," not manufacturing skills.

Thus, the real question is whether or not this holiday season will be critical in terms of determining long-term market share. And while Amazon can say "we're selling more Kindles than ever," without hard numbers it's very difficult to determine the true status of this horse race....
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote