View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 AM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by egridou View Post
I cannot believe everybody needs online connectivity for his e-reader. How much time per day do you spend online with your existing e-reader? I thought it was meant to read, not to surf?
All I need is a good 6" screen with a smart interface. And I can't find a reliable one on the market now. That said, such a "simple" reader also needs a real good price to be a winner. Wouldn't you consider buying it with a further 50€ rebate?
It is simple marketing. You take away the one thing that really sets you apart from the competition. There are a lot of uses for WiFi and nobody else has it right now. Do you always need it? No. Sure, another big rebate might mean they would still be able to sell this thing. But is that wise? Discount 70 Euros to save 15 on hardware? And how in the world can a device made in Germany compete on price with all those China made products? They have no chance if they do not offer more features. It also seems to be much heavier and "geekier" looking.

Even worse is the way they handled this change in specs. To make a lot of noise about it and then decide at the very last moment not to deliver -- this will be a great case study for business schools for years to come.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote