View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #279
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshiftlabs View Post
Does this work with the Paperwhite, too? I've been trying to get it to install without any luck. "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out, and when I remount my PW, the update file is gone from the root directory.
Actually, it's a bliss that these update files contain markers for the devices that they can run on, and that they refuse to run on other devices - otherwise, we'd probably be swamped by requests from users who bricked their Kindle by installing an update file which doesn't work on their device.

If you're really adventurous, you can try to install it manually via usbnetwork. But because the home screen has been completely changed on the PW, chances are that you'll just entirely screw up everything - maybe up to the point of bricking the device. And remember, the only current known way to debrick the device is via a serial console - physically opening the device and all that.

So: no, at this point it is NOT recommended to try this on the PW.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 06:17 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote