View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
It is pretty strange isn't it?

All the indications were that Amazon were working at coming up with something to rival the Nook Glowlight, and even though the quality of Kobo's line-up was a surprise, Sony must have known they were in danger of being left behind. Who knows, were they even working on incorporating the light technology? Maybe they were and couldn't get it to work as well as they'd like so decided to play it safe by waiting, but if so, why not just delay releasing a new one. And it's not just the in-built light, both the Kobo & Kindle have improved screen resolution too.

I know a lot of people are still very happy with their T2's, and I'm neither hugely interested in an integrated light nor ready to proclaim the new Kindle and Kobo as wonderful before actually seeing them in action, but Sony will surely end up losing customers as things stand.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote