View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #60
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Tommy, your claim that I don't have a right to sell an eBook reader that I legitimately bought is patently ridiculous. If Bookeen have contractual disputes with THEIR supplies, that does not affect MY rights as a customer. That would be like saying that if I bought a Ford car, and Ford have some legal wrangle with one of their sub-contractors, I'm not allowed to sell my Ford. Utter nonsense.
You nailed it - copyright laws are utter nonsense, but we HAVE to obey them, despite their nonsesnseness. Still.

If you would sell Bookeen to me, I'd have legal right to sue you, as you did not provide written offer for source code and written GPL license text with the device, nor the source code by request. And your only possibly move would be to sue Cybook, as they did not provide it either.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote