View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
(isn't PoD and ebook a grand parachute when a publisher can't be bothered
Absolutley! If it's already been traditionally published, as my books have, other traditional publishers aren't generally interested in bringing them out again. E-publishers are, but when I looked into how long they keep the rights, what they're paying, etc. etc., I decided self-publishing was the way to go, and it would appear I made the right decision. Lots of sales and blog buzz, and I didn't do anything but send out an e-newsletter to my mailing list. Really, this is the wave of the future. Within the next year, I'm sure lots of authors will be publishing their backlist this way--which is good news for all us readers who love great books at cheap prices!
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote