View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Mine's shipped too. I'd be happier if there was some way to buy books from the UK store without paying the $1.99+VAT wireless download fee.

I wouldn't mind paying the fee if I did download wirelessly, but mostly I won't get ebooks that way, so paying extra for every book seems unfair.

I have sent a note to Amazon Custoemr Service suggesting they add the option, but I doubt they will.
Well... the 1.99 USD fee only applies to USA customers downloading when out of the country. Of course prices for customers living outside US does seem higher by about the same amount but it's still not the same thing - have anyone proven it's a one to one?

About VAT, do you have information that Amazon is collecting VAT for the Kindle books they sell? I know that amazon.co.uk collect VAT for the individual European countries, because Amazon sells such a large volume that they have to - but does Amazon.com?

I have not seen anything that indicates that Amazon is collecting VAT for individual countries for Kindle books, but I would interested if they did (as VAT in Denmark is 25% - I'd want to look elsewhere )
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote