Thread: Classic Secure Ereader on Nook
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with DRM, but the fact that the books are dictionaries. I haven't been able to find a way to access my sideloaded dictionaries, either. Although, since I sideloaded my MW collegiate dictionary I think the nook has started using that for "look up word" searches. It seems the definitions are more expansive and include year of origin and other data that I don't remember the built-in dictionary having. I wish we could manually select which dictionary the device uses as well as look up words directly, rather than only choosing a word in a book. Might be something worth emailing B&N about.
I read somewhere in the nook documentation that you can change the dictionary by downloading it to the nook and opening it. Once it has been opened the nook uses that dictionary.

However, if you do not see the dictionary at all I am not sure how you open it unless the fact that it is on the nook the nook then uses it??
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote