View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by madelonw View Post
I too would like a nice tips and tricks thread. I am not new to ebooks, and I'm finding Calibre pretty easy to use, in general, but I have a few questions I would like to post somewhere specific to newbies. First and foremost, I would like to know if I can have more than one Calibre Library and can I toggle between them easily from within the program? I have collected a number of ebooks I will never read, but my kids and their friends might. I would like to have an I'll Never Read These Library.
You can have as many Libraries as your drives will hold.

Right-click Library Icon: Create/Switch is the way to use them: The last N used show on the Quick switch list.

Managing a huge number may be difficult unless you are organzied with a easy definition of what goes into each. eg Fiction, Non-Fiction (general), (non-Fiction) Specific_Subject.

But Why (other than access limiting)?
Using Tags and Filters will usually allow most to exisst in a combined Library. (There are custom Column, structural reasons for separate Libraries)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote