View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #426
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
If they sued everyone, legal fees would eat into profits. Now they just cherry pick for the easy wins, and settle the rest out of court.
This sounds like an entire business model, collateral to that of publishing media and synergically integrated with that. Evil genius stuff, I'd say.
If things are like this, we cannot expect that publishers agree to changes unless these ensure to them the same capability of threatening people into (unfair) submission that they have today. Which is precisely the reason why changes are required. In this context, the only real hope (in the short/medium term, at least) lies in governments realizing what's really happening, and the damage that the draconian laws demanded by publishers to safeguard their position of power are doing to democratic countries. I'm not holding my breath for that :-(
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote