View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #209
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Ah ok, thanks a lot. But I saw you mentioning a fastboot in command line, so I guess that is the Debian package?
I think I found the source and binaries , called: i.MX23 Manufacturing Tool and IMX_MFG_TOOL_SOURCE . I see there is also a I.MX28_MFG_TOOL_LINUX, is that suitable?
There is NOT an MfgTool for linux. It is a large comprehensive tool for manufacturer installation and testing of new kindles, and it is very Win32-specific (many winapi calls). It would be VERY difficult to port.

As I suggested, sb_loader provides the small part that we need, but I was not able to successfully run a custom linux kernel (uImage) using it (but yifanlu reported success). There is a much simpler version of sbloader for linux, in the RockBox project, which I partially ported for kindle use (not finished yet, like MANY projects that I started). I get projects like that working just enough to PROVE that I *CAN* finish it (when I need it enough to suck time away from other projects).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote