View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
Islanti
Islanti began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPaq 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I have to confirm issues with the touchpad thingy though. I've slipped and lost my page quite a few times and it can be very annoying because the direction pad is so touchy. I did the same as the fellow above mentioned and mapped the next/previous buttons to other buttons than the direction pad because I often found myself skipping pages just by pressing for a second too lock and not having any tactile feedback. The other buttons eliminate this problem quite well. They click when you press them and I've yet to go to more than one page at a time like with the direction pad.
One trick that may help is to move the Trackpad sensitivity slider all the way to the right (least sensitive). This helps reduce accidental presses. I still found it too annoying and disabled the trackpad entirely using Tweaks2K2.

Quote:
There is only 1 huge problem that I have that has annoyed me greatly. For some reason, when I slide it in the leather case, or pick the unit up by a certain spot, the battery lock switch moves over to the unlock position and basically "soft boots" the unit. I don't lose my place in the book, but I have to restart Mobipocket because the OS on the device has rebooted due to the battery disconnect. There is a backup battery that keeps the memory in the device (which is why I don't lose any settings or my current place in books), but if I one day hit the switch by accident and it does this without me knowing it, I could come back to a completely drained backup battery with certain settings lost (all my books are on my CF card).
I've certainly experienced this from time to time. Your issue sounds much more frequent, though. Perhaps your battery latch is worn down some from use making it easier to accidentally open.
Islanti is offline   Reply With Quote