View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
MobileRead Book Club: Future books

Hi All,

The "official" book schedule would have us pick a book for Feb:

February
MobileRead Contemporary (can be any genre, but must be contemporary and must be available in our library)

I was wondering what people thought about rather than doing more nomination/vote threads we just picked the top 3 (non-winner) voted books from December and January votes and just slotted them in for the next 6 months. The books would be:

Feb:
"The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells (This was actually top three in both votes)

Mar
Three Men In A Boat - Jerome K Jerome

Apr
"1632" by Eric Flint

May
The Man Who Was Thursday - G. K. Chesterton

Jun
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson

Jul
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Of course, order isn't important. Just let me know what you think. If most don't agree to this I would be happy to start a nomination thread for Feb book next Monday.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote