View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by iain robinson View Post
Does anyone have some magic CSS which will solve the problem for old Kindle devices? I've looked around the web a lot and seen lots of discussion of this issue but no solutions.
I guess there's no such thing, because old mobi format (the one used by Kindles) does know nothing about CSS. All the CSS support you can see is in the converter, which takes your input file and transforms it into mobi HTML-like code. As far as I know there's nothing in mobi code that allows you to control line spacing, so what you see is just normal and expected behaviour (it's usually the same in ePub and HTML+CSS, unless you change the default settings). The solution, as you say, is either not using superscripts or just living with that.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote