View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
[Q] Can't get to settings after hacking

Ok, I've probably messed up my KK this time. I was trying out the font hack and installing various fonts, making screenshots and restarting the KK without problems. After several rounds of doing so, I can't restart the KK through settings. I can select settings, but nothing happens. I've tried to uninstall the font hack--which may or may not be the cause of the issue--and holding onto the power slide until the KK reboots, but I still can't get settings to work. I can get the KK to reboot/restart that way, but the settings option still doesn't work.

And some of the books (either purchased from Amazon or added via Calibre) cannot be opened up. I get a message "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and download it from Archived Items." I've since backed up the documents in my pc and deleted them from my kindle.

I've found a few threads about not being able to get to settings but none of them seem to be helping, including a recommendation to hold onto power button for a very very long time. I know I have the latest version of the KK firmware (updated when I bought the KK a month ago), though I can't check it now as I can't get to settings. Will be grateful for any tips on this. I should be calling Amazon CS but I'm not from the US, so it's my last resort.

Last edited by holgalee; 05-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote