View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay. So to make life a little easier on myself I made a few tweaks a bit easier to access.

It's not JBTweak but it does have a few helpful features.

Feature:
  • Run Grayed out installs manually
  • Prevent and Allow Screensaver button
  • Show and Hide Custom cursors (With installer and un-installer)
  • 711 & 411 device info pages.

Simply extract it onto /mnt/us (it goes in the extensions dir) and restart your device.

The installer and the un-installer cause an Xorg restart to pull up the new cursors, this is expected. So save any novels you are writing before doing that

I've splattered some pictures as they are usually more helpful than any amount of words.

First pic: File listing.

2+3 pic: Demo of thing "alone" with extra "info title data" showing the options that cause an Xorg reboot

4+5 pic: The actual thingy, as it is.

Well, that's it. enjoy. I took care to test the installer/uninstaller does no harm. Hope it saves you as much time as it saves me.

Cheers.
Great idea, thanks!

I have a few notes though...

First: none of it works out-of-the-box on my device

Code:
[root@kindle systemic]# ./bin/411.sh 411
-sh: ./bin/411.sh: not found
You have to save the files in Unix format instead of Windoze format... After converting the files to Unix format, they worked.

Second: I slightly modified the Wiki page to put it where it actually belongs (under GUI Launcher extensions)

Third: this is not a WAF application , but a Launcher extension. WAF apps are "standalone" HTML/JS apps, like Komic. Please do not add to the confusion by using wrong terminology.

Fourth: it's JBPatch, not JBTweak!

Still, great work - keep it up!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote