View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #38
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Yeah I know mantano shows it but Moon+ doesn't I have all my books series tagged in Calibre and my Sony, Kobo Mini, Mantano, i2reader etc show it fine.
I decided that I wanted my Android experience to reflect the integration with calibre that my Sony Readers had so I use Calibre Companion (CC) to manage my transfer of books from Calibre to Android and manage the launching and management of the books once on my Android device. I just hate doing imports for whatever book reader program I decide to try. I use CC to launch the book into whichever reading program I want. And the reading program I want for ePubs is Moon+ Reader Pro. See attached for CC series listing. The size of the fonts and icons is user configurable. I'm older so I like mine huge.

Quote:
Moon however doesn't show the series or the book number which means it's probably a useless app to me as I pretty much solely just read big series books and if that's the case I'm amazed moon+ is popular.
This is partly correct. It does show the series and all books in that series will be shown in the proper order. But it does not show the book numbers. If you go to the drop down All Books and choose by tags the top items it shows you are series then lower down the icon changes and that is the list of tags. See attached.

Quote:
Basicly I would want it shown in the list view so I can easily pick the next book to read I don't want to have to go and open calibre each time just to see what the next book should be.
When you have selected a series the list view is in order. So if you finished a book simply go to the next one on the list. If you want to see the series number you can use metadata plugboards in calibre to format the title with the series info. This series info will be added on the fly as you send the books to the device.

As I previously stated though I use CC and all of that info is automatic and I no longer have to import books into reader apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreCompanion_series.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	105206   Click image for larger version

Name:	moonplus_series.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	105207  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-01-2013 at 04:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote