View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #79
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
The last one is meant as a category where for one month free or almost-free books aren't allowed so the winner won't be decided by cost. I am open to suggestions for its title because "Normally Priced" was the best I could come up with ("Not Free"? "Books Worth Something"? etc.).
So will it be decided on library availability instead?

It's all pretty murky really. You can still pay a reasonable recommended retail price for books that are in the public domain.

Maybe call it something catchy but have a description. Eg. RRP (no public domain/creative commons, RRP Threshold > $5.00)

I'm guessing the price itself is not an issue, rather that you feel the lean towards free and cheap actually blocks out a large percentage of works which could be equally worthwhile to read and discuss.

Last edited by caleb72; 03-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote