View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I wouldn't write any eulogies for e-ink. E-ink has many advantages. Lighter weight is nice, and the lower power consumption is a majaor advantage. My wife has to plug her Kindle Fire in every day. I plug my K3 in maybe once a week. Not that long ago, e-ink was the stuff of science fiction. E-ink devices also cost less. Tablets are decreasing in price, but so are e-ink devices.

Color e-ink is working its way to market, and sooner or later, the response time will increase, making it more practical for computer displays. How many stores do you see using LCD screens for fairly static displays? E-ink is likely to replace such uses.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote