View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #474
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I would have to re-do the plugin for fonts and margins if I reloaded the standard fonts. That would take time, so I probably won't be able to for a while. But as I recall, they looked about the same with the standard fonts relative to the way they look with the bolder one.

I still have trouble differentiating between the screens on my K3 and K4 as they both look good. One will look better in certain light and the other will look better in different light. But over all they are very close. Both are much better than the Kobo Touch I briefly owned, and it also had the Pearl screen. I sold my Sony 350 a few weeks before I got my K4, but the Pearl screen on it was close to that on the K3.
After seeing Zeebra's two I think I just have a really good K3 screen which I guess I expected the K4 to have but it doesn't.
I guess I expected everyone's K3 was as good as mine but maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm just wondering if the color of the case that surrounds the screen may have an effect on how the e-ink and screen background are perceived. As an experiment, you could cut out the middle from two pieces of same-colored paper and put that over the two Kindle devices to see if they look any different when compared side-by-side. It's very difficult to tell from the photos.
I wondered that too if that is the case, a decal sticker will fix it when they come out. However after looking at my Pocket Pro and my K4 the difference is phenomenal between the two.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote