View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
why is that guy the EX ceo of Random House ?? he has great vision ! that is an excellent article and i think there are many very important points made, including but not limited to the points about pricing (although, his idea of "dynamic prices" starting at 39.99$ for a new best seller to capitalise on "pent-up demand and the relative price insensitivity of his most devoted fans" to drop to 4$ later seems a bit extreme to me... 40$ for an ebook ??? in what reality ???).
well 40 no. but for a brand new book. in the first 2 weeks to a month of release. I think should cost $20-25. the price of an average DVD on its first release. and then the price drops as the people stop buying it automatically to keep the price up with the demand, so it sells the same amount of copies every week. I think that's fair in all honesty. lets them make the most amount of money and have sales figures not to gawk at. and lets them make the most amount of money.

people who read ebooks read more than people who don't. for people who have to read the latest now
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote