View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #19
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenG View Post
I'm not that obsessed about getting a huge advance. I know two authors who got big advances that didn't earn out, and they were untouchable after that. I'd rather take a smaller advance and have the prospect of some royalties later on.

Returns has never been an issue before, but if they have a big print run, and there are significant returns, then I'm going to look bad.
I too was not impressed with the $5K with the details I have heard about you, but still you have a deadline and not much time and while as has been said you shouldn't sign away any of your abilities to write and stump for other books, you need to stop worrying and start writing and this could be your big chance.

Your mother will be fine. Just tell her that your work is like making and selling confectioners sugar. Very fine, very sweet and very specialized and not for everyone. (You can use that if you want.)

Go get them, gal!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote