View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
I took a look at this before I came into the office. Looks pretty nice, and I look forward to testing out the exporting features.

As to the question of special CSS formatting, I have my doubts. This is from their FAQ:
Quote:
What sort of content can I read with Stanza?

Anything! However, Stanza is especially designed for reading large bodies of text where formatting is not an integral part of the reading experience. Since Stanza strips out all graphics, tables, and other formatting items, it is more appropriate for reading novels, stories, essays, and news articles. Graphics-heavy content like textbooks and multimedia web sites will be difficult to read using Stanza.
And later:
Quote:
Help! Stanza isn't displaying my graphics/tables/bullet lists/etc.

That is by design. Stanza removes nearly all of the formatting of the text that it reads. This is in order to maximize the flexibility of the user interface, as well as maximize the number of formats we can support. As mentioned above, this makes Stanza unsuitable for content where graphics or formatting is an intrinsic part of the reading experience.
I did note some centered/bold text used in a chapter heading in at least one of the files I tested with, but I do not expect it to get fancier than that based on the information provided.

Jack

Last edited by Jack B Nimble; 06-02-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added the second quote.
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote