View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #93
kuliand
Connoisseur
kuliand doesn't litterkuliand doesn't litter

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10522 View Post
Well, just returned my Kindle 2 (had only two days left to do it) in anticipation of this device. I enjoyed my Kindle 2 but there was one huge drawback.....screen contrast. I hope the new large screen Kindle has a thicker font or better contrast.

Epub support is a non-issue. With Stanza or Calibre it was easy to switch formats and directly load almost any book I liked onto the Kindle. It will be great to read textbooks. I have many scanned books and texts in PDF format. The larger screen and PDF support will be a welcome improvement.

As for cost, the Kindle 2 was a BARGAIN! Lifetime subscription to the internet with access anywhere in the US! I sent/received emails, looked up topics while reading via Google or Wikipedia, and even read the New York Times without subscription via Calibre. The Kindle 2 was almost terrific, but if they improve screen contrast, this next Kindle will be DA BOMB!
I agree the contrast of the current eINK viziplex displays isn't great but i think the 9.7" is the same tech just on a larger scale unless the eINK company has a new version of display ready for use?
kuliand is offline   Reply With Quote